Skip to main content

Contemplation



I have been desiring to paint the figure again. This is a photograph that my husband took of me on my deck. I liked the foreshortening, perspective, and color of this image.


24x20 inches
oil
stretched canvas

Comments

I like this very much, Linda. I don't know how, but as soon as it came up on my screen, I knew it was you!

It's awesome!
Unknown said…
Linda, Nice to meet you (in cyber space). Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for following my blog. I love that your work has that abstract quality, and the color, wonderful. Very inspiring.
Janice said…
cool, love it!
L.Holm said…
It's fantastic - color, design, brushwork. I love it!
Angela Elledge said…
Superb, love the perspective and design; very well done!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you all very much for your comments it means a lot to have feedback.
Kim Rempel said…
Very good! I imagine this would have been terribly tricky with all the perspective issues and a human figure to boot. You pulled it off well! Brave of you! : )
Diane Hoeptner said…
Wow,wow,wow. You make this look so easy! It has a wonderful dynamic quality that is so unique. I love all the complimentary patterns and they way you handled everything so "equally..." This is the sort of painting one could actually live with for a long time! Brilliant.
JRonson said…
it's a very impressionist self portrait, i love the colors :) super dynamic

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)