Skip to main content

Cypress Swamp



I am really very new to landscape painting and so I'll be posting paintings that may
not hit the mark. I want to be better and am studying.
This is a cypress swamp in an area that my husband was adjusting his scope on his gun. It was very beautiful and serene. The foliage was winter colors and very soft.
6X8 inches
oil
canvas panel

Comments

Kim Rempel said…
Wow Linda - I think it's terrific! Nice colour and movement across the painting.
LindaHunt said…
Thanks Kim, I feel a little better about it. Your landscapes are terrific.
Maggie said…
Nice colors! A little abstract which is really good. Landscape painting is a lot of fun.
Marie Theron said…
I love the way you have abstracted this scene, Linda! Do not ever fall into the trap of too much detail because you have "something" here. The pics on your Etsy Shop shows that you have a pleasant style going. Would you like to visit a new blogger from Ireland, Mike at http://mikepainting.blogspot.com/. He says something there that is a good lesson in simplicity.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.