Skip to main content

Giant Red Pepper


While I was shopping yesterday I found this huge, beautiful red pepper. When I brought it home to put into a salad I had to paint it first. The color is the most vibrant red and red orange. I tried something a little different with this painting. I worked very diligently to keep the colors pure and paint slow enough to be able to evaluate each color as I laid them down. I like the results. The painting has a clarity that I am not sure I have obtained to this point. I merged several tecniques that other bloggers have shared. I scumbled in the layout drawing with a neutral and then laid the colors into the value areas.
6X6 inches]
canvas panel
oil
March2, 2010

Comments

It's beautiful, Linda. It sounds like you are having a growth period with your painting. I made a similiar discovery a few months ago.
Carol Nelson said…
You used every corner of the palette on this one. Love all the colors. Bold, confident brush strokes.
Marie Theron said…
Oooohh, this lovely image needs to be part of a set. Maybe when you cut it open? The complimentary colors work well as a background!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.