Skip to main content

Two Purple, One Red Plum SOLD


Boy were these a challenge to paint!! It took a while to determine the color pallette. These plums are better to look at than to eat unfortunately. They are a little hard and bitter...not quite ripe. They are really pretty color though. I placed them on a shiny surface and wanted to capture some of the reflection. The sun was coming at an angle behind and to the right of them so that I didn't really capture the reflection.
SOLD

6x6 inches
oil
canvas panel

Comments

Well you did a great job even if you didn't make it easy for yourself! This is so creamy and wonderful! I don't believe they're not ripe 0 I want one!
Marie Theron said…
A lot can go wrong when growing plums, I have heard! They can be a painter's dream but inedible! I love how I could spot these plums even on the thumbnail image, Linda,they really are alive!
They may have been a challenge, but they are beautiful!
Gwen Bell said…
Love all 3 of your new fruit paintings, but the palette in this one is my favorite. Great purples and blues...great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.