Skip to main content

Bananas on Green Plate



Sometimes deciding what to paint is a real dilemma. I am trying to learn more about color and warm and cool relationships. Discipling myself to think more thoughfully about the color that I am laying in does not come naturally. However, I think that I made a little progress in this painting.

8x8 inches
canvas panel
oil

Comments

Unknown said…
Linda I think you did what you set out to do. Should I say, turning a corner? It feels great to have conquered something like nailing the color temperatures....and you did it!
Nice job!
Maggie said…
nice colors Linda!
Gwen Bell said…
Wonderful job, Linda! The orange reflection on the skin is so gorgeous, as is your brushwork. I am intimidated when it comes to painting bananas but you always make it look so easy and enjoyable. Love the way you allowed the thickness of the paint to create some of the ridges. Just awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.