Skip to main content

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!


This bowl makes me so happy...I found it in a Thrift store and snatched it right up. The spoon is part of a set of Bakelite handled spoons from probably the 1930s. The fact is yellow is an incredibly difficult color for me to work with and so I welcomed the challenge.

6X6 inches
oil
Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

Comments

Virginia Floyd said…
I love thrift store finds! You did a nice job with these yellows. I like how it shows up also in the shadows and reflections.
LindaHunt said…
Hi Virginia, thank you for stopping by to comment! My husband and I are both avid Thrit store shoppers!!
SUSAN RODEN said…
Wonderful use of contrasting colors Linda - and the spoon is fantastic!
LindaHunt said…
Susan, thank you!
Becky Joy said…
You did a very good job with the yellows. Nice variety. Also like your finds. Love both the bowl and spoon
LindaHunt said…
Thanks, Becky Joy! Not sure why yellow is such a tricky color for me to work with.
Marie Theron said…
These two objects will bring life into a room whether winter or summer. Yes, a happy, happy painting!
Unknown said…
I agree that yellow can be hard to paint but you did a great job. Love the spoon too.
mary maxam said…
That spoon is particularly wonderful, and I love your color...nice
LindaHunt said…
Marie, thank you for your comment...even though yellow is such a difficult color for me to paint it does make for a happy painting!

Kelley, thanks...why on earth is yellow such a tricky color to paint? At least it is for me.

Mary thanks for stopping by. I love anything Bakelite...when you love something it makes it easier to paint. This set of silverware was a gift several years ago and I haven't seen many full sets.
Unknown said…
Oh Bakelite, now I'm aging myself for knowing what it is right, lol... I think you handled the yellows great Linda. I like your choice of turquoised shadows as well.
LindaHunt said…
Barbara thanks for leaving a comment...Bakelite don't you just love it?

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)