Skip to main content

Hydrangea Fresh Pick



There weren't many hydrangea blooms this year and I think it was because I cut them back to late in the season. I almost hated cutting a couple. Yesterday was a gorgeous day and I decided it was high time that I tried a little plein air work. The day was pretty warm and very humid so I painted really FAST. I am leaving this painting as is because there was an immediacy that I liked.

Comments

Marie Theron said…
Delicious colors, as fresh and cool as ice-cream!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.