Skip to main content

Ginger Bears



This is the cutest little jar of bear shaped sugared ginger! I love ginger but especially when it is candied. I wasn't sure how I would tacle painting the jar full of ginger so I rendered them very abstract.

Comments

David Russell said…
Love the colors.
Yes Linda, I agree with David, beautiful colouring. I love it. All the best Linda.
Vic.
J. B. Alexandra said…
I like that you painted it in the abstract. Color content is very beautiful. Recalls the golden honey. Very well be added to the blue background. I love the smell of ginger. Using his love for cooking. In combination with garlic is a miracle. I also fresh ginger slices in sugar, letting the good cry. Then you let the juice, I gave the children upset stomach. It's a great cure, and really working.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)