Skip to main content

Color Blocks

This has been my project for this week. I bought these old playskool blocks on Etsy a couple of weeks ago and today painted them in primary and secondary colors. I am using them to paint from. Many months ago I bought the DVD Painting Light: The Cape School Method by Camille Przewodek and she suggested making a set of colored blocks to use as studies.I like the way that she uses color as light. I paid $11.00 for the blocks and had the paint. I am excited to begin working from them. I looked for a long time before I found the blocks and price I wanted.

Comments

Sunflower said…
Hello Linda,
Those blocks looks good and new. Did you paint those color again with your oil paints or they are originally have those bright colors?

Also, may I ask which Etsy did you buy them. I am interested in buying them too.

Thanks.

Jenny
LindaHunt said…
Hello Sunflower,
I bought the vintage blocks which were natural wood. I simply painted them with acrylic paints. If you look up wooden blocks on Etsy in the vintage section it will list a number of shops that carry them. Look carefully and choose what interests you. If you need more information please do not hesitate to contact me.
All the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.