Skip to main content

Rose

The rose is painting on a stretched canvas with oil colors.  It I s 8"x8".What can I say?  Hard!!  Ha Ha, yeah it was really tough but I loved every minute of painting this painting.  The neighbor across the road grew this single pinkish rose and I couldn't help but to photograph its loveliness.  I wiped out the first try and settled in on this one.  There are things that I think I could improve upon but they will need to be done in another painting.  Sometimes you just have to let go so that you don't lose the freshness of the paint. 
I find that when looking at a complex problem it is easier for me to think of the whole rather than individual parts.  There is editing for sure, but what is important is the believability when rendered.  In my first try I looked to the individual parts and the whole thing just didn't hold together.  I am happy with the outcome but feel that I have learned things that will be included in the next rose painting.,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil