Skip to main content

Autumn Leaf

An autumn leaf that I found on my walk today.  With this painting I tried to stay very connected with where I was laying my brush stokes and the value and color I was using.  For some reason I am beginning to feel very connected with my own style and painting procedure.  I know that this sounds rather crazy since  have been painting for some time now.  The one thing that I was aware of today was value relationships.  I worked very hard to lay the correct tones in without too much editing.  I did end up wiping out whole areas and starting over several times.  I keep thinking about the avoidance of petting the paint.  Gosh that makes so much sense.

Comments

Beautifully rendered !
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Nancy I appreciate your comment.
martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Dame Automne vous assistait en peignant cette belle feuille. Vous honorez divinement bien les couleurs automnales.
Beau travail !

Gros bisous ☼
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Martine....I love the fall colors and am so ready for the change of season!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.