Skip to main content

Study

In this exercise I laid out colors, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Viridian, Prussian Blue, Cobalt Violet, Cobalt Blue, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Red Light, Cerulean Blue.  I made three rows of these same colors.  In the middle row I added white to produce a tint.  In the last row I added black to produce a half tone.  Look at the beautiful tones when adding black.  I have heard so many times not to use black...but...why not? I could make my own black if that would be more acceptable.  In this case I used Ivory Black and Titanium White.  I was supposed to use Flake White but I didn't have any.

Comments

Why not use black? No black or white in WC either. Shirley Trevena always uses blacks in WC and makes greaat darks. Love the lemons.
LindaHunt said…
Yes, revolution time!:)
LindaHunt said…
Whaat a wonderful painter...I am so glad that you mentioned her name!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.