Skip to main content

Chilean Peaches

  6X4
 75
For sale at my Etsy shop
 
I am still working with cloth trying to capture the folds and creases.  I used a cerulean blue half tone which was cool against the warm reds and oranges of the peaches.  The exercise for this painting was to create a warm palette of colors using tints and half tones to create a warm rather than hot palette.  I carried a little of the warm colors into the fabric to create a nice harmony and a little glow.  I am pleased that I am learning a little more about how to use color.

Comments

I like the composition and the colors in this one, well done.
Jo Mackenzie said…
luscious with a capital L.
Jo Mackenzie said…
I just read all the posts about mixing colors and wonder how watercolor could be used in this way . The color you mixed a beautifully and clearly more complex than color s right from any tube. I also see a rich consistency that
adds to the volume of the folds.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Roger.

Thanks so much, Jo!
Jerry Stocks said…
Yummy subject and yummy painting. You are forever enriching your painting knowledge.
Linda Popple said…
Lovely! Thanks for sharing about color. It's always helpful and so interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil