Skip to main content

Spider Mum


I am stretching myself and finding it challenging. I am trying very hard to place a color down and leave it. I am also trying to simplify as much as I possibly can. I left this painting when it was still fresh choosing not to rework it.

6"X6"
Oil
Raymar Canvas Panel


Drawing for Spider Mum

Comments

Kathy Cousart said…
Wonderful brushwork and leaving it alone and fresh shows!
Virginia Floyd said…
I love the slashes of brush strokes in the spider mum!

It's interesting to me to see how much detail is in your drawing. The painting is true to the drawing, but it has less detail. Very nice!
LindaHunt said…
Thanks, Virginia...I purposefully kept the painting with less detail...sometimes I think that I work things to death!

Thank you, Kathy...it was tempting to overwork, but, I think that I learned something from this painting.
Douglas Clark said…
Love how you handled the paint in this.
Jerry Stocks said…
Beautiful work--you quit just in time.
Kathryn Glover said…
Less can be a whole lot better....as is the case here. Wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.