Skip to main content

Lilies


After a few days off from painting and much needed time to reflect and fill myself up again spiritually; I painted this little vibrant painting. I found these lilies at the grocery store and when I placed them in the vase I detected the most wonderful scent. They are elegant and beautiful in color. This time I didn't strugle with the colors used in the painting because I did a preliminary abstract color study and then translated that into the painting. It worked out very well and I didn't muddy the paint.

8X10
Oil
Canvas Panel

Comments

martinealison said…
Des lys éclatants de couleurs et je pourrais presque en sentir leur parfum...
gros bisous
LindaHunt said…
Thank you for your comments!
Jerry Stocks said…
This painting is fantastic. Please reconsider and let me come paint with you sometime. I love these colors.
Angela Sullivan said…
You always seem to work in that beautiful pink or reds. I really love your paintings
Kathryn Glover said…
I'm not eating enough cookies again to comment. Love the lilies and the colors in your palette. Yellows and violets speak in a loud voice to me. Very pleasing!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.