Skip to main content

Little Glass Dog


This painting needed some work after thinking it was done. I am confident that if I let a painting rest a little longer that I will find the correct conclusion.

Comments

Linda Nickles said…
Finished or not . . . I see gorgeous colors, interesting shapes and wonderful luminosity!
Really mice Linda. Colors are so beautiful. I agree with you in seeing the problems after a rest. I usually rush to photograph and post.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Linda and Carol. Yes, I do the very same thing...wish that I'd wait a day before posting...something to think about.
Jerry Stocks said…
I like the darker colors especially on the teapot if that is what it is. Linda, I love this painting.
LindaHunt said…
Yes, Jerry...I did darken the colors and added a cool purple background which set of the teapot. I also simplified the form of the teapot and darkened and grayed the red. I think that simplifying really helped draw the painting together.
Kathryn Glover said…
Linda, I like both versions, but with the second one, I like the cool violet background. Glad you took pictures along the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)