Hi Carol, thanks for your comment! I usually let mine go to waste, but, the more I stared at them and under the lights they just looked so good...couldn't resist!
Stephanie, Linda, and Jerry, thank you for your comments. I agree with you Stephanie bananas are very difficult for me to paint. I am working on trying to incorporate more color into areas of color...does that make any sense?
I'm not convinced that this lovely painting needs anything else! It has the total feel of bananas and how the light is hitting them. I quite like painting bananas...haven't done so in a while so now I might be inspired to try some again.
Karen, it is finished I need to change the text! Thank you for your comment. I bought more bananas and I want to try again...maybe I'll learn to love it!
Linda, I would not change a thing. I love it and the background is just a perfect contrast in my eyes for the yellow bananas. It looks fresh and not overworked, which I tend to do all the time. Maybe I should start eating my set ups too (as long as they are not bottles or flowers)!
Linda, These bananas are wonderful. Really like that stronger yellow which is the focal point against the softer values and the pinkish color. These have a fresh graphic quality that is really great against the loose fun background.
I am enjoying landscape painting so much. It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use. They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com
Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)
Comments
These bananas are wonderful. Really like that stronger yellow which is the focal point against the softer values and the pinkish color. These have a fresh graphic quality that is really great against the loose fun background.