Skip to main content

Rose of Sharon

This painting is 12' x 12' on a stretched canvas.  I have been wanting to work larger and also been wanting to paint this bloom from my garden.  I laid out a fairly detailed sketch in paint before I began to paint.  Next I chose my palette....Azo Yellow, Azo Coral, Alizarin Crimson, Quinacridone Magenta, Manganese Violet, Ultramarine Blue and Alizarin Crimson.  I pre mixed most of my colors and jumped in feet first with brush in hand.

Comments

Jerry Stocks said…
This is a very beautiful painting, Linda.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.