Skip to main content

Out My Kitchen Window

This little 6x9 inch gouache painting on hot press watercolor paper was painted without doing a preliminary drawing.  I want to experiment with this approach and see what happens.  I didn't mean for the vase to end up in the center of the composition and can't decide if it should be cropped.  I hate cropping as I feel that a composition should be composed and not altered.  Any thoughts?

Comments

Hi The vase doesn't appear to be in the center,it looks a bit to the left. At any rate it doesn't dominate the lovely painting.
LindaHunt said…
THanks, Cathy....I am still a little iffy here....but happy to see that you see it differently!
Thank you, Sue!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.