Skip to main content

Gala Apples



I am starting a larger painting using apples. These apples looked so pretty on the silver platter that I painted a small one. The weather has been dark and rainy and the natural light in my studio has not been good. The studio has been quite cool so my hope is that the apples will survive long enough to finish the still life. I wish the rain were snow but there isn't much chance of that happening. I miss the snow!

Comments

Linda, When this painting came up on my monitor I had a quick intake of breath! It is so beautiful, love the colors. I will be back on your site again, so glad I found you.
Becky Joy said…
The colors on this one are beautiful. I like how you handle your brushwork.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.