Skip to main content

Cocktail and Pink Himalayan Salt



I have included the initial layout of the drawing with the values being placed.  In the second listing I am beginning to lay in where the darkest darks will be and where the middle values will be and then where the lightest values are put in.  It was critically important that I work with only a few colors.  I chose cadmium red light, cadmium yellow medium, ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson, emerald green, and titanium white.  This gave the the most beautiful gray violets and pinks.  The reds were vibrant and intense.  It was tricky making the ice.  The umbrella had to be drawn very carefully because it led to the focal point.  The second focal  was the pink salt shaker.  All in all I am very pleased with the painting.  It has a nice value structure which you can see in the last entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil