Skip to main content

Portrait #13

This i.s the second time that I have painted this incredibly beautiful woman.  The first attempt I felt that the drawing was too dark and dismal.  In this drawing I left some of the image to the imagination and focused the rich values in the face.  I may try drawing her again until I can achieve just what I am looking for.  However, I do like this drawing very much.  This woman is a member of the Beja People who are ancestors of the true Egyptians.  Think about this for a minute; they built and Empire that stood for 4,000 years.  I find that just amazing.

Comments

martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Un très joli portrait...
J'aime beaucoup son expression.

Gros bisous 🌼

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.