Skip to main content

Berries

I know that you are not supposed to resurrect a painting, but I was partial to elements of the painting and felt that it would be a good learning tool. I needed to establish a better Notan and create a strong structure. I went back in and really worked this painting. Deepening the darks was the fun part. Gosh it gook me a long time to learn how to avoid white and work with color. But, I am pleased with this painting now and feel that I learned a great deal.  For some reason I am not getting the best photo on this image. There is a lot of glare...I will need to try again.

Comments

Jane said…
I really love the colors in this painting and all the set up , very striking work !

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.