Skip to main content

Red Poppy


I had great fun painting these gorgeous red poppies.  I too have a red viewfinder and found it helpful in establishing a value pattern.  Painting glass is a real LOVE of mine and I really am so fond of this little glass vase that I found for a dollar in a thrift store!  I stayed with a very limited palette here and find that to be a sure way of creating nice harmony.
I encourage you to sign up for my Newsletter, which only comes out once a month, where I will advertise specials and giveaways.  If you sign up this month you will be placed in a drawing for one of my free small paintings.  The sign up for the newsletter in in the right hand column at the top!  Good Luck!!
Also, please LIKE my fan page and be placed in a drawing for a free print of 'Two Green Apples' .  You can find the page to sign up on the right hand column...just click on LIKE!

Here is the link to my fan page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Linda-Hunt-Fine-Art/189994741106801

Comments

Unknown said…
Linda you blog looks wonderful. I am still working on the class of Leslie's....I just do not have unlimited time.
This is a fresh and lovely painting. I admire your work very much...

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil