Skip to main content

JOYFUL


I am not very experienced doing portraiture but I thought that I'd give it a try. This is my grandson...he is very happy about something!! He has a blue tongue so I am sure he ate a lollipop or maybe a blue snowcone. I need more work on flesh color and finding the browns that I want. But, all in all I was happy with how it turned out.
6X8 inches
oil
Raymar canvas panel

NFS

Comments

Carol Blackburn said…
Very nice, Linda. I bet he'll love it.
Dana Cooper said…
This is delightful Linda...how wonderful that you have a built in model...so to speak.
Linda, this is a fine portrait of your grandson. I love it, it`s brilliantly done. Full marks for this one Linda. All the best.
Vic.
David Russell said…
I like this. Of course I am a portrait person anyway, photography or painting.
Hi Linda.
This is a fine portrait of your grandson. I love it. I give you full marks for this one Linda. All the best.
Vic.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you Carol...

Appreciate yoou comment Dana!

Vic, thanks for stopping by...he's a cute little fellow! Your comments are always so uplifting..all the best to you!

Thanks for leaving a comment David...
Jerry Stocks said…
Beautiful child and wonderful painting.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)