Skip to main content

#9 of 30

Moving right along with my 30 portrait studies.  I am learning and growing as I go along.  I use from my sources of inspiration ....Sarah Sedwick........John Singer Sargeant.....what better artists to help light the way.  I enjoy the challenge of age as well as ethnicity.  Because I must work from a photo it is important to not draw as though it were as paint by number.  It is difficult.   I try very hard to look at light and shadow shapes and lay the value in as I see it....working quickly and decisively.......

 " Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil