Skip to main content

Collage work




I worked on some collages this evening because I have a bit of a block against painting.  It is time I think to have the color calibrated because the color isn't exactly right.  Have you ever experienced a block?  Every now and again it happens to me and I am at a loss as to how to get past it.  I did some reading about a block and the suggestion was to work on something that would be different from my painting.  It was relaxing to just work with composition, colour, and shape.  I chose to work with these darker more neutral colors.  I seem to work a great deal in high key and I just wanted to challenge myself to work in a deeper palette.  The colors are really very pretty but they don't look that way.  I will ask my husband to do the calibration.

Comments

Debbie said…
Linda, I love your cut paper collages!! It looks like it would be a fun and relaxing way to be creative without any pressure! I'll have to give it a try.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Debbie...it is challenging, but in a different way than painting and I find it refreshing. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment it really means so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil