Skip to main content

Silver and Gold

What drew me to want to paint this particular still life was the lemongrass body crème and the silver and gold nail polish.  I then added the loose powder which became the focus of the painting.  In this painting I wanted to use shades of gray and achieve as subtle color as I possibly could; thereby still having plenty of color and light.  I worked this painting perhaps more than I desired, but I think it still has a fresh quality to it. 
I realize that the initial layout of a painting is crucial and an area where I need tons of work.  I don't know why it is such a challenge for me.  I need to get away of thinking object and concentrate more on shapes in the beginning.  Anybody have any helpful suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)