Skip to main content

Jar of Olives.....Day 17

 
6"X6"
Oil
Ampersand Gessobord
$100.00
 
 
 

I am sweating bullets...I wipe this baby out about 4 times and finally brought it to a conclusion!  I was actually going for almost full abstraction.  Pushing the limits was my intention and still maintaining some semblance of reality.  I was looking at the work of Kathryn Kehoe yesterday and that is something that I admire about her work; especially her still life paintings.  If you haven't had an opportunity to look at her work I encourage you to do so.
As I have said many times about my work...I walk with one foot in abstraction and the other in realism.  It is pretty much the way that I approach life.  I like to go to the smallest denominator and then see how close to representation I can come.
 This painting can be found here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.