Skip to main content

Basket and Eggs


 
6"X4"
Oil on Board
 
$100.00
 
 
I bought this gorgeous little Easter basket with a frilly netting around the top.  I'm not usually taken by such things but I just fell in love.  I kept this painting as fresh as possible using a limited amount of strokes and keeping the color clean.  I used a limited palette consisting of Cobalt Blue, Cad Red Med, Cad Yellow Lt, Titanium White and Ivory Black.  I appreciate using a limited palette for a number of reasons.  I believe there is more color harmony and you really stretch yourself to mix color.

Comments

This basket with eggs is lovely, Linda. So subtle. Happy Easter to you.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Sylvia. It is so abstract I really wasn't sure how it would be received.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)