Skip to main content

Mum



My intention in this painting was to put the gold glass ornaments in shadow and focus the light on the mum. I wanted to see what kind of value structure it would take to make the ornaments look gold and in shadow.

6X8
Oil
Canvas Panel

Comments

Douglas Clark said…
Beautiful color and value. I love the way your colors harmonize.
Celeste Bergin said…
I love the color harmony
martinealison said…
L'or joue harmonieusement avec les couleurs un petit air de fête...
Gros bisous
Robin Rosenthal said…
Just love your colors and values. This painting has a really nice feel.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)