Skip to main content

Curl



I am still working with transparency. I was pleased with this set up and the way that it turned out. It was tricky getting the ribbon to curl properly with the correct values. For some reason the yellow is not photographing well. It is more washed out than it actually is. I will try and locate a spot that maintains the integrity of the color and photograph again.

5"X7"
Oil
Raymar Canvas Panel

Comments

martinealison said…
Vos nuances de mauve attire mon regard et si je le pouvais, je tendrais la main pour tirer ce beau ruban de ce bocal...
Un travail parfait de transparence.
Gros bisous
Carol Blackburn said…
wonderful job with this, Linda, ribbons can be tricky but you pulled it off beautifully
Sadeu said…
Beautiful paintings, Linda .)
Angela Sullivan said…
Well I think you have transparency down to an art. This is lovely.
Virginia Floyd said…
Wonderful job on this ribbon. Beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)