Skip to main content

Blanket Flower From My Garden



Here is another larger painting; this painting is 20X24 inches on stretched canavas. My garden this year is so pretty. I put in these Blanket flowers this season and they are growing profusely. My intention was to sit right on the line between abstraction and realsm. I have been enjoying the larger format and wide exspanse of brush work.

Comments

I think you achieved your intention. Beautiful work!
Pam Holnback said…
I think you sat in the right spot!
mary maxam said…
excellent...I so often think of tapestries and exotic fabrics when I see one of your new flower pieces !
A beautiful painting here Linda. Well done,and all the best.
Marie Theron said…
Oh, those lovely flower centres, Linda! I love the soft blue flowers for contrast!Enjoy your garden!
Stephanie Berry said…
You did a great job on these. I love these flowers--they seed themselves pretty well too.
Polly Jones said…
I am chiming in, this is gorgeous!
Linda Popple said…
Linda, I think this is one of my favorites! Love the colors and the abstract quality of it. Beautiful!!
Janice said…
how wonderful to work large!! and I love your recent work!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)