Skip to main content

PEELED SOLD


These little Clementines have a beautiful red orange color and a nice globe like shape. They are very appealing to paint. I peeled this fruit to expose the lush interior and the exposed creamy peel.
6X6 inches
oil

Comments

Angela Elledge said…
Linda, this little one is especially lovely, I really like the curved lines and shapes and the "just right" greyed blue to compliment the orange colors. Very well done!
Hi Linda--this painting really caught my eye--I love the transparency of the orange.
Linda, This really caught my eye! The beautiful glow on the orange, offset by the grayed background is very effective!
Kim Rempel said…
I think this may be the best orange painting I've ever seen. It looks plump and ready to squirt. Gorgeous!
Virginia Floyd said…
Very, very nice. This little orange has such a glow, it casts its luminosity onto the table!
Linda Popple said…
Luminous and beautiful! Nice color palette and composition. Just lovely, Linda!
Dusty Pines said…
i really like your brushstrokes in this one - how they help define the shape - and the translucency is lovely! thank you!
Gwen Bell said…
Delicious! Your values are so good in this and I love the way the peel draws the eye across the canvas. Beautiful light!
Becky Joy said…
I love the shapes that you painted on this one. Luscious colors.
Stephanie Berry said…
This painting is a standout! The colors, the brushwork and I love the peel receding in the background.
Diane Hoeptner said…
Masterful painting! Don't take this the wrong way, but it looks sooo effortless and random, I just LOVE that about your paintings!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.