Monday, September 13, 2010

OLD FASHIONED ROSE #1


Unfortunately I do not have access to many fresh flowers. This rose is the most exquisite artificial rose that even feels like a real rose. It is sheer like a real rose would be. I remember from childhood living in a home where there were wonderful old fashioned roses like this one with the most heavenly scent. I find flowers to be very challenging....therefore I intend to do 100 of them to see where that exploration will take me.
6X6 inches
oil
canvas panel (archival)

5 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Great depth and colors in this rose!

Susan E. Roden said...

The peach encircling the golden yellow really depicts delicacy. Beautiful little gem Linda.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Love the glow on the rose Linda. You further enhanced it with the soft gray background. It gives the eye a nice place to rest too.

Kim said...

I know those roses and love them. Yours looks luscious and is beautifully painted.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Linda, I find roses so challenging. I must have your secret! This is one gorgeous specimen, rich and painterly!