Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two Purple, One Red Plum SOLD


Boy were these a challenge to paint!! It took a while to determine the color pallette. These plums are better to look at than to eat unfortunately. They are a little hard and bitter...not quite ripe. They are really pretty color though. I placed them on a shiny surface and wanted to capture some of the reflection. The sun was coming at an angle behind and to the right of them so that I didn't really capture the reflection.
SOLD

6x6 inches
oil
canvas panel

5 comments:

Polly Jones said...

I love it!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Well you did a great job even if you didn't make it easy for yourself! This is so creamy and wonderful! I don't believe they're not ripe 0 I want one!

Marie Theron said...

A lot can go wrong when growing plums, I have heard! They can be a painter's dream but inedible! I love how I could spot these plums even on the thumbnail image, Linda,they really are alive!

Carol Schiff Studio said...

They may have been a challenge, but they are beautiful!

Gwen Bell said...

Love all 3 of your new fruit paintings, but the palette in this one is my favorite. Great purples and blues...great job!