Skip to main content

Still Life


Today I spent most of the afternoon settimg up a still life to work from. I had purchased these gorgeous hydrangea blooms and they inpired this set up. I will sketch this out first to get a feel for the composition and then I plan on painting a value study. After I have worked out the details I want to paint it in color. I haven't decided in what value range I want the painting.
Hopefully, I can get a few small daily paintings from some of the elements of this still life.
How do you approach a still life?
I only have my studio lights and I know that I can't get the richest for purest color but I will try.

Comments

Kim Rempel said…
Can't wait to see it! Love your set-up.
Janice said…
Beautiful set up!!
Virginia Floyd said…
What a rich arrangement! Wonderful textures and colors. I'm intrigued by what is behind the bottle on the left, wondering what is there.

This composition would take me the rest of my life to paint!
Gwen Bell said…
Fabulous set up...can't wait to see what you do with it!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil