Monday, January 20, 2014

Rose



Today I started the day off with a drawing of an image I found.  It is great fun to draw and when I sit down and actually get at it I wonder why I don't draw more often. 
The painting was from a photograph that I have had for years.  I was practicing finding the Notan on a larger canvas panel and then I painted.  I am going to really study this and see if I can't make more headway in my painting.  I feel that this little painting is very well composed and I like the colors.  I would say SUCCESS!

4 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

I agree Linda, definitely a SUCCESS! I love it!! A beautiful composition and so lovely and loose! I also love the drawing!

Jerry Stocks said...

I would say SUCCESS big time. I love it. I just received my tickets for your class in Savannah. I'm excited.

LindaHunt said...

Thank you Wendy!!

Jerry, I am getting very excited myself! I am gearing up for it!

Sue Marrazzo said...

I really like your colors in this one!
They are fresh and sherbety!