Skip to main content

Landscape Near Edisto SC


Day 5 of the 30 painting challenge.  I had fun with this landscape.  I love to paint the salt marsh....it changes so much during the year from season to season.  This is the marsh during the Fall.  I am feeling my way into landscape painting.  I initially did a quick layout establishing the darks and the general shapes.  I then chose where I wanted my emphasis to be and laid in some of the color notes.  I then went into the shapes and put down color trying to use as few strokes as possible.

Comments

Unknown said…
You are headed in a great direction. Your dark pattern works well. Keep it up..very nice painting.
LindaHunt said…
Thanks, Helen...I just feel that it is too simple...I am thinking more than I want and want to get to the point where I flow a little more.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil