Sunday, January 5, 2014

Landscape Near Edisto SC


Day 5 of the 30 painting challenge.  I had fun with this landscape.  I love to paint the salt marsh....it changes so much during the year from season to season.  This is the marsh during the Fall.  I am feeling my way into landscape painting.  I initially did a quick layout establishing the darks and the general shapes.  I then chose where I wanted my emphasis to be and laid in some of the color notes.  I then went into the shapes and put down color trying to use as few strokes as possible.

2 comments:

Helen Moreda said...

You are headed in a great direction. Your dark pattern works well. Keep it up..very nice painting.

LindaHunt said...

Thanks, Helen...I just feel that it is too simple...I am thinking more than I want and want to get to the point where I flow a little more.