Skip to main content

Daylily

 
12"X 12'
Oil
Stretched Canvas
$200.00
 
These are daylilies from my garden...they don't last long so it was a real challenge to capture the lovely light on the petals before they began to turn inward.  I used a simple palette here.  I have grown to love the violets that I get when I mix Cobalt Blue and Cad Red Medium.  Very subtle but very beautiful.

Comments

Jerry Stocks said…
This painting is so soft and beautiful---love all the shades of coral.
Unknown said…
Quiet, restful, gentle. And that is a nice painting! Beautiful colors.....
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Jerry and Helen. These daylilies are my most favorite because I am drawn to the muted red orange color. So much fun to paint.
Jo Mackenzie said…
I have to try that color combination. On the AHA program they were talking about how cadmiums don't play well with others...I do not know what this means so I need to learn about it...
LindaHunt said…
I am not sure what they mean...you have to bring it to the blueish side and then I tint it...then it is an amazing blue violet. It tends to look dirty when you force it to the purple. Does that make any sense?
Meredith Adler said…
I agree, this painting shows a wonderful use of color and beautiful softness. Thanks for telling us about your color mix, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.