Saturday, January 24, 2015

Paintings Revisited




These are all reworks...I have been experimenting with the use of neutrals.  This is one of the things that I have learned from the Putnam DVD.  I notice that the colors pop more and help to create space in the painting.  I like the use of neutrals and I like modulating the color fields with a variety of colors that Putnam refers to as bending the color.  It has taken my painting from looking like coloring book colors to a more sophisticated use of color.  It is thrilling to learn so much.  It has come at a perfect time when I was ready to accept these things.  For sometime now I have been disappointed with my painting for the reasons stated and these solutions are beginning to open doors in my mind.

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

I like the neutral touches...Unbelievably Good Looking!

Tam Foree said...

They are really beautiful! All of them. I love the petals of the first on very much. Love the colors and the brushwork

martine paquet said...

Gorgeous paintings!

LindaHunt said...

Thank you all....new people....welcome!