Skip to main content

Self Portrait

A self portrait on a 5"x7" Gessobord panel done with oils.  I want to give a heartfelt shout out to Taryn Day for her guidance (on her blog) as to how to paint the figure.  She suggest turning the painting and photo upside down and it really did make it possible to get a better likeness.  Quite remarkable actually.  Thank you!!!!

Comments

Jerry Stocks said…
Wow, Linda. Well painted.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you....a bit dark though..I will try again....

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.