Skip to main content

Quiet Moment



This is a redo of one of the paintings that I did last month. I am much happier with it. It pays to give a little time and space with a painting to make sure that it truly is complete!

Spontineity is wonderful but there is something to be said for the...pause...the time that you take to really step back... evaluate... live with it for a while... return and evaluate again. It is difficult for me to do because I get so excited to post!

Comments

I love your use of color!! (Not just in this one, but in all of them!)
martinealison said…
Une harmonie de couleurs remplie de fraîcheur, de douceur et le tout me remplit de bonheur en admirant cette dernière peinture. Elle m'ensorcelle...
gros bisous
Very interesting piece, Linda. Your darks really add to this painting!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you for your wonderful comments...it is a pleasure to read them and have the feedback.
Kathryn Glover said…
I hear you!. This is beautiful!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you...Kathryn!!!
Linda, You have really been painting some nice fresh beauties!!
LindaHunt said…
Elizabeth, thank you for your comment...you made my day!!!
Ann said…
I LOVE this painting! Way to go Linda!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Ann!
Hi Linda.
I posted a comment for this one about Three days ago, but you haven`t accepted it. I hope everything is okay linda. I did say that this painting is brilliant and the subject is unusual for you. All the best Linda.
Vic.
LindaHunt said…
Hi Vic, I never got the comment from several days ago...don't know what could have happened. I try to answer every comment that I get. Thank you! This is a series of paintings that I will be doing based on my travels to the Cincinnati 'conservatory--greenhouse'. I was an abstract expressionist painter for many years and feel that this painting and others that I am working on are merging what I have learned from painting more realistically with the expressionism. I am very excited about this, kind of, new direction. I also like working larger. These canvases are 20"X20".

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.