Thursday, June 30, 2011

Paper cut collage and drawing

I am attracted to early photographs of women from the 19th century. I have a number of photos that I purchased on Etsy to work from. This is a very small paper cut painting and has intricate tiny pieces. I found it difficult to cut the smallest pieces and may need to use a magnifying glass to perfect the shapes. But all in all, I was pleased with how she turned out. This lovely young girl has a beautiful roundish face with gorgeous dark brown hair.

Drawing for paper cut

3 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I love this Linda. I can see where it would not only be a finished work, but also a lesson in seeing shapes for me. Wonderful.

Cyndi Agathocleous said...

very cool!

Stephanie Berry said...

Your collage work is great. So much fun to see--I adore your drawings.