Skip to main content

Lilies


After a few days off from painting and much needed time to reflect and fill myself up again spiritually; I painted this little vibrant painting. I found these lilies at the grocery store and when I placed them in the vase I detected the most wonderful scent. They are elegant and beautiful in color. This time I didn't strugle with the colors used in the painting because I did a preliminary abstract color study and then translated that into the painting. It worked out very well and I didn't muddy the paint.

8X10
Oil
Canvas Panel

Comments

martinealison said…
Des lys éclatants de couleurs et je pourrais presque en sentir leur parfum...
gros bisous
LindaHunt said…
Thank you for your comments!
Jerry Stocks said…
This painting is fantastic. Please reconsider and let me come paint with you sometime. I love these colors.
Angela Sullivan said…
You always seem to work in that beautiful pink or reds. I really love your paintings
Kathryn Glover said…
I'm not eating enough cookies again to comment. Love the lilies and the colors in your palette. Yellows and violets speak in a loud voice to me. Very pleasing!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil