Skip to main content

Cactus Flower


This is one of my favorite paintings that I did last year. It speaks sunshine to me.
Thre won't be any photography today because the skies are overcast and cloudy. Hope that this adds sparkle to your day!!!

Comments

Dana Cooper said…
Nice color Linda!
Douglas Clark said…
I like this one too. I am an art teacher, and I've just been teaching my students about the work of Georgia Okeeffe and how her flowers often flow off the edges of her canvas. It creates a very strong composition, and is very appealing.
Linda Popple said…
It definitely adds sparkle to my day, which is soooo cloudy and chilly. Beautiful painting, Linda! Thanks for the smile!
I can see why this is one of your favorite paintings! So fresh and spontaneous. The petals look so delicate.
Jerry Stocks said…
This is beautiful. You really nailed the lights and darks. Great job!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.