Monday, January 10, 2011
Bag of Grapefruit
It took me some time to look at this painting and figure out where I wanted to take it. I have completed this painting and feel good about it. Yellow is such a difficult color for me to work with. There is something unusually hard in finding the values and having them look correct. After much deliberation I decided that I would vaguely imply the red bag because to define it would be too tight for the loose rendering of the grapefruit. I changed the background color to harmonize better with the grapefruit.
This is a copy of a photograph that I saw on FB. I wanted to give credit to Beautiful Dreamers's Photography. I generally never copy...
I have a tendency to overwork a painting and this was an attempt to limit brushstrokes and to work quickly and deliberately...... ...
This is in response to a request......