Skip to main content

Tomato on Green


The vine tomatoes are still hanging in there. I sliced one for this painting. I used a straight complimentary color scheme in this painting. I feel it may need a little something else and will evaluate before I do anything. It is amazing how the smallest imperfection shows up on the computer screen. Hope all of you Mom's had a great Mother's Day!

6x6 inches
oil
canvas panel

Comments

Linda Popple said…
Very nice painting, Linda! I understand what you mean by imperfections showing up on the computer screen. It's a great way to evaluate a painting. More often than not I post it anyway and either correct later or let it go because I've already moved to something else.
Gwen Bell said…
You've done such a good job of getting just the right reds to make this look irresistible. That big juicy cris-cross of color in the heart of the slice is delicious! The complimentary scheme works beautifully. I like that bit of cool white as well.
Art Trip said…
Yum tomatoes!
Amber L. Bailey said…
I really like this one Linda, great color and looseness if I can call it that...oh and a great food haha. Nice work!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.