Skip to main content

Three color painting.....homework .... Module 3


This painting I am going to do over again.  I used an 8"x 8" Clayboard to work on and if you know clay board it is exactly what it says.  The surface absorbs the paint to the point where when you put down a stroke you can't move your brush.  The paint has to be liquid...Well anyway....it is a disaster....but I have worked very hard on it today, and am going to post it and then post  again when I paint the other one.  I used Cobalt Blue, Cadmium Red Deep, Cad Yellow Light and white.  I didn't intend it to be a high key painting, but that is what happened when I had to paint over and over again the same areas  I lost my richer dark when I went so light to get a fluid consistency of paint ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil