Skip to main content

Rose at Dawn

I am learning how to use paint.net and hope that I am understanding...anyway this is an painting that I painted today....love what I am learning!!  I also bought bristle brushes which make a big difference in how the paint handles.  There are places and reasons to use synthetic brushes...they make a very chiseled application of paint whereas a bristle brush is soft and gives a soft diffused edge.

Comments

Unknown said…
What is paint.net? I am interested in doing more with painting and everything. I currently don't have a lot of time right now because I just had my daughter in January and she is my number one priority. But once I am able to find a little free time for me. I would like to take more time for some of my hobbies.
LindaHunt said…
Hi Beauty Ink,
Thanks for stopping by....congratulations on your new little gal!!!
Paint.net is a program that is free in which you can crop your paintings, do all kinds of fun things .... it is easy but since I am not very savvy with the computer it takes me a little time.
Check it out on youtube also...
Good luck when you have the time when your little one gets a little older!! Stay in touch!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.